Monday, September 04, 2006

2 Days Before D-Day

Venezuela's flag


Monday September 4

First blog, lets see how this goes,
In just a couple days I'll be leaving on the greatest yet adventure of my life. I'm going away for ten months/ an academic school year in Venezuela, as an Exchange student through Rotary. I'm so excited, This year is an opportunity to learn numerous new things. Such as a new language, Spanish, a new way of life, different cultures, different foods, how to live with a different family, how a different school system works. I’m curious enough to want to see and live all of this at the age of seventeen (well not exactly my birthday is twelve days after I arrive there).

I leave on the 6th at 6 in the am , which means I have to be at the airport by 3:30ish or so I've been told. This is my first plane ride, Which honestly I think is the thing I'm the most nervous about at the present moment. Imagine being lost in an unknown city (to you at least) where you have to figure out how to check your baggage and get to the right gate to catch your plane and on top of it all it's all in Spanish; Which well I'm not exactly fluent in at the moment. But that I'm not to worried about I'll catch on to it soon enough, I did so with English year back.

As of now I'm all packed to go with everything I can think of bringing and all of my paper work. Saying all of my goodbyes and now I'm just waiting , ready as I'm going to be , for what’s to come next. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorriana said...

si,si gracias.yo esta muy feliz e agradecida

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home